Pre-post Procedural Instructions
Pre Procedural Instructions
- No Advil, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Plavix (Clopidogrel), Coumadin (Warfarin), Brilinta (Ticagrelor), or anti-inflammatory medications (excluding Prednisone) 5 days prior to procedure.
- No Pradaxa(Dabigatran) for 3 days prior to procedure.
- No Eliquis (Apixaban) or Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) for 2 days prior to procedure
- You may use Tylenol if needed. Take all other medications as usual unless otherwise advised.
- No alcohol/recreational drugs for two (2) days prior to the procedure.
Post Procedural Instructions
- You must have a designated driver. The exam will be cancelled if arrangements are not made prior to arrival. You may not use taxi/cab for transportation home.
- The family member or designated driver must remain in the lobby area to speak with the physician.
- Plan to rest at home the remainder of the day. You may resume normal activities the next day or so as directed by the provider.
Choose your preferred location